Please read all of the information below carefully before registering.
Tuition is non-refundable. Books and supplies are not included in tuition. The materials fee for Senior Thesis, the exception, is included in tuition because specialized materials/tools for book-making are shared. *Please note that starting in the 2022-2023 academic year, tuition has increased because of increasing operating costs.*
- Standard courses running August 2022 through May 2023: $60 per month per student per course
- Senior Thesis, running August 2022 through May 2023: $70 per month per student (tuition includes materials/tools for the senior thesis project completed in class)
- ***Supplement to Modern History*** Fine Arts, running August 2022 through May 2023: $30 per month per student (materials not included in tuition)
- All FULL credit SUMMER courses: $250 total per student per course
- Writing I: Grammar and Writing II: Logic meet twice weekly for 4 weeks
- Ancient History and Ancient Literature meet once weekly for 8 weeks
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics meets once weekly for 8 weeks
- Fine Arts meets once weekly for 8 weeks
- Other SUMMER courses:
- Novels of Jane Austen and Great Battles: $150 per course
- Multi-week Short Courses (Western Civilization Survey, US History Survey): $100 per course
- One-day Short Courses: $30 per course
REGISTRATION FEE – PER STUDENT, DUE IMMEDIATELY UPON REGISTRATION
- Summer 2022: $25, non-refundable
- 2022-2023 Academic Year: $50, non-refundable
DISCOUNTS FOR 2022-2023 ACADEMIC YEAR TUITION
- Sibling: $50 off tuition for one course for the second and subsequent siblings registered from the same family
- Multi-Course: $50 off tuition for the second and subsequent course(s) when a student is registered for more than one course
- Earlybird: $50 off tuition for one course per student when registration for the 2022-2023 schoolyear is completed before MAY 15, 2022 (A signed hard copy of your registration form along with your registration fee must be postmarked by this date.)
- * Obligation to pay complete tuition: By registering your student for a Scriptorium course, you obligate yourself to pay the complete tuition amount unless (1) the course is cancelled, (2) you withdraw from the course on or before August 1, 2022, or (3) there is an extreme financial emergency in the family and you discuss your situation with the tutor. Families withdrawing after August 1, 2022 are obligated to pay all tuition for the courses in which their student/s was/were registered.
- Payment schedule: Families may pay tuition by year (1 payment), by semester (2 payments), by quarter (4 payments), or by month (10 payments). For any payment schedule, the first tuition payment must be received before or during the first week of classes.
- Payment by year must be received in full by the student’s first class meeting in August
- Payment by semester must be received half by the student’s first class meeting in August and half by the student’s first class meeting in January
- Quarterly payments must be received by the student’s first class meeting in August, October, January, and March
- Payment by month must be received by the student’s first class meeting of each month August through May
- Checks must be made payable to Grace Hughbanks.
- Privacy: Scriptorium Hall will keep all financial information confidential.
The registration form for the 2022-2023 school year will be posted shortly on the Registration page.
CLASS LOCATION & TIME
The Schedule and Calendar page lists all class times. All courses meet in Signal Mountain, Tennessee.
All students must have the following technology in working condition:
- Computer with a word processing program and the ability to open and submit either Microsoft Word or PDF files – Students may not submit GoogleDocs links; files created in GoogleDocs must be submitted as .docx or .pdf files.
- Internet for emailing assignments and for research if required for their course
Students should develop the habit of checking email daily to ensure that they receive all emails related to their course – these emails include assignments, grades, answers to questions, and reminders. Parents receive all emails sent to students.
PENALTY FOR PLAGIARISM OR CHEATING
Scriptorium upholds and requires integrity through all courses. Plagiarism is using someone else’s words or ideas as your own; it can be intentional or unintentional. Because the tutor understands that learning to avoid unintentional plagiarism takes practice, students whose work is similar to original sources are warned and given the opportunity to correct their phrasing and citations during the drafting process. However, a final assignment turned in with plagiarism will receive a grade of 0. Any student who persistently submits plagiarized work will be dismissed from all Scriptorium courses.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
All students receive a link to their course’s online documents platform; key course documents are stored on the platform, and students who are sick or out of town can attend class meetings (or access recordings) through the online conferencing system. Parents of a student will receive all emails sent to their student and all of their student’s grades.
Parents may choose to sign up for the Scriptorium Hall newsletter, and their email addresses will be added to Scriptorium’s account on Campayn, the newsletter creation website. Campayn does not share information with third parties except to enforce laws. You can read their terms here.
The tutor reserves the right to change these policies without notice.