Please read all of the information below carefully before registering.
TUITION – Non-refundable
- Writing courses: $250 per student
- All other courses: $150 per student; tuition includes cost of materials for all projects
By registering your student for a summer course, you are obligated to pay tuition in full unless the course is cancelled.
NO REGISTRATION FEE => First $50 toward tuition is due immediately upon registration
NO DISCOUNTS ARE OFFERED => A very limited number of need-based merit scholarships are available
2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR
TUITION – AUGUST 2023 THROUGH MAY 2024 (10 MONTHS)
Tuition is non-refundable. Books and supplies are not included in tuition. *Please note that tuition has increased because of increasing operating costs.*
- Seminar with writing tutorial: $75 per month per student per course
- Seminar only: $60 per month per student per course
- Traditional Dances of Europe: $50 per month per student
APPLICATION FEE – PER STUDENT, DUE IMMEDIATELY UPON APPLICATION
- 2023-2024 Academic Year: $50, non-refundable
DISCOUNTS FOR 2023-2024 ACADEMIC YEAR TUITION
- Sibling: $50 off tuition for one course for the second and subsequent siblings registered from the same family
- Multi-Course: $50 off tuition for the second and subsequent course(s) when a student is registered for more than one course
- Earlybird: $50 off tuition for one course per student when your application for the 2023-2024 schoolyear is submitted before JUNE 15, 2023
2023-2024 PAYMENT POLICIES
- * Obligation to pay complete tuition: By registering your student for a Scriptorium course, you obligate yourself to pay the complete tuition amount unless (1) the course is cancelled, (2) you withdraw from the course on or before August 1, 2023, or (3) there is an extreme financial emergency in the family and you discuss your situation with the tutor. Families withdrawing after August 1, 2023 are obligated to pay all tuition for the courses in which their student/s was/were registered.
- Payment schedule: Families may pay tuition by semester (2 payments) or by month (10 payments).
- Payment by semester: First half must be received by the student’s first class meeting in August; second half must be received by the student’s first class meeting in January
- Payment by month: Monthly payments must be received by the student’s first class meeting of each month August through May
- A very limited number of need-based merit scholarships are available. Please contact the tutor.
- Checks must be made payable to Grace Hughbanks.
- Privacy: Scriptorium Hall will keep all financial information confidential.
The registration form for the 2023-2024 school year is on the Application page.
CLASS LOCATION & TIME
The Schedule and Calendar page lists all class times. All Scriptorium activities meet on Signal Mountain, Tennessee. For the 2023-24 school year, all courses will meet at Signal Mountain Bible Church. Please note that Scriptorium events will be held at other locations.
All students must have ability to send and receive email, and students should check email regularly to ensure that they receive all emails related to their course – these emails include assignments, grades, answers to questions, and reminders. Parents receive all emails sent to students.
It is recommended that parents set up a Canvas account for their students on our online learning platform. This program allows students to attend class online if they are unable to attend in person and allows class meetings to be recorded if a student is absent. A Canvas account is not required.
Students in writing tutorials will need:
- Computer with a basic word processing program (for Macs, TextEdit works) and the ability to open and submit either .doc, .docx, .pdf, or .pages files. Students may not submit work via GoogleDocs links; files created in GoogleDocs must be submitted as .docx or .pdf files.
- Printer – All final assignments must be turned in both via email and as printed copies at the start of the class in which they are due.
- Students in US History will need internet to access scholarly and additional primary sources for their research papers.
PENALTY FOR PLAGIARISM AND AI USE
Scriptorium upholds and requires integrity through all courses. Plagiarism is using someone else’s words or ideas as your own; it can be intentional or unintentional. Because the tutor understands that learning to avoid unintentional plagiarism takes practice, students whose work is similar to original sources are warned and given the opportunity to correct their phrasing and citations during the drafting process. However, a final assignment turned in with plagiarism will receive a grade of zero. Any student who persistently submits plagiarized work may be dismissed from all Scriptorium courses.
Use of AI is prohibited. Work that includes characteristic signs of AI use will receive zero credit, and the student will be required to re-write the piece in person. Any student who persistently submits work exhibiting characteristic signs of AI use may be dismissed from all Scriptorium courses.
Parents may choose to sign up for the Scriptorium Hall newsletter, and their email addresses will be added to Scriptorium’s account on Campayn, the newsletter creation website. Campayn does not share information with third parties except to enforce laws. You can read their terms here.
The tutor reserves the right to change these policies without notice.